There are various routes to get a job in the IT field, but one essential step is obtaining the skills, certification course, networking knowledge, and subject-oriented skills.
IT is a demanding field because it provides solutions and outputs new sources to the customers. IT has both technical and non-technical fields, but both are credentials for candidates who want to perceive their career in Information Technology. In campus select, you can get various job opportunities in landing your job in the IT field as a software tester.
Further, it is a fast-growing field and high-paying industry. The recent survey stated that Information technology had grown 20% compared to the previous year, and the average pay scale for freshers has increased around $64,830.
AS a fresher, you might have many questions like how to get a job as a fresher and get a software testing job in the IT field. In this blog, we shall discuss how to get software testing jobs for freshers.
Be Passionate About Testing
- Why do you want to work as a tester?
- What motivates you to pursue a career as a software tester?
- Why did you not choose Software Development if you are a computer science engineer?
- Why don’t you look for a job in your specialized subject if you’re from another stream?
These are the common interview questions asked in every interview because only a passionate candidate can perceive this career. So, if you are interested in this fast-growing field, you should be prepared to answer this question and should have the basic skills required for a software tester. So, equip yourself with the fundamentals of Software Testing and Quality Assurance and pursue a career in it.
Have The Right Skill
As a software tester, you would be spending most of your time testing. So, you should have analytical skills, testing tools, and methodologies skills.
The interviewer will ensure that you possess all of the relevant software testing knowledge and skills.
To improve your software testing skills, use the resources below:
Institutes of Learning
- As a fresher, you will not have any experience in software testing, but you should have basic testing skills like DevOps & Agile Methodology, Automation, Web & Mobile Technologies, Software Development Life Cycle, Rational Analysis & Logical Thinking, Social Networking, Testing Tools & Techniques, and Programming skills.
- To have a depth and comprehensive understanding of software testing, you can join a Software testing training and equip yourself with the software lifecycle models like Waterfall model, V model, Incremental model, RAD model, Agile model, Iterative model, Spiral model, etc. And also types of testing Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Smoke Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, User, Acceptance Testing, Globalization Testing, Localization Testing, etc.
- So, by taking the course, you can get theoretical and hands-on training on these types of testing and models mentioned above. so, we recommend the Software Testing Training in Chennai at FITA Academy, which provides the best coaching to the students on these types of testing and also covers a wide syllabus from software life cycle to automation testing with Selenium which covers Automation Introduction, Core Java, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Webdriver, Testing Frameworks, Keyword-driven Framework, Data-driven framework, Hybrid Framework, Globalization Testing, Localization Testing, Selenium Grid, and Continuous Integration with Hudson
You can also work as a freelancer because it will help you gain experience in testing and improve your skills in testing. Working as a freelancer for a few months before landing the job would add credentials to you and make you unique before other candidates. So this experience would help you obtain the job and make your CV worth it.
Further, Software testing projects are also available on websites such as uTest.
Why joining the course is important before attending the interview? Because you will get hands-on training, clarify your doubts in testing, and be provided with interview-based questions that would help you crack the interview with ease.
If you cannot attend the classroom training, you can join the Software Testing Online Course and prepare for the job interview.
After completing your course training, you can start learning these software testing skills books given below.
- The Art of Software Testing
- Software Testing Paperback
- Penetration Testing – A Hands-On Introduction to Hacking
- Software Testing: A Craftsman’s Approach, Fourth Edition
- Foundations of Software Testing ISTQB Certification
- Lessons Learned in Software Testing
- The Way of the Web Tester: A Beginner’s Guide to Automating Tests
- Fifty Quick Ideas To Improve Your Tests
Learn Agile Testing
The Agile approach is increasingly prevalent in software projects these days, and you may find yourself working with an Agile team in your first job.
- Agile Testing – by Lisa Crispin and Janet Gregory:
- Agile Lean ATDD by – Ken Pugh
- Experiences of Test Automation by – Dorothy Graham and Mark Fewster
- Lessons Learned in Software Testing by – Cem Kaner, James Marcus Bach, Bret Pettichord
There are various trial version software testing tools available, but we recommend that you start with Selenium because It is the most widely used flexible and one of the most effective automation testing solutions—tools like HPE Unified Functional Testing, LambdaTest, LoadRunner, etc. Knowing how to use at least one major software testing tool will help you land a software testing job as a fresher.
Few Other Tips
- Learn the type of testing- Manual, Automation, and Performance Testing.
- Build the resume and mention the credential certificate you obtained from the reputed Academy.
- Complete any internship course or work as a freelancer.
- Entering through the recommendations of friends, family, or relatives is the quickest and easiest approach to acquiring a job.
- Till gaining experience, you can work in smaller companies.
- Build the skills that we mentioned above and develop your communication skills.
- Register in software testing communities, employment boards, and social media sites like LinkedIn, and post your resume online.
- Update and keep on learning and practicing.
Now, you would better understand how to get a job as a fresher and the skills to get a job in a software company. So, you can follow these few essential tips and land your dream job.