Software Testing is the collecting the information about the quality of the products or service by testing. This can also provides the objective and view of the software which allows the business to understand the risks of software implementation. Software Testing Training in Chennai offers the well trained IT professionals as trainers. This testing process is used to execute the program or application with the intent of finding the software bugs.
Types of testing performed in Website testing
1. Functionality Testing
Testing the links in web pages, database connection, forms used for submitting and getting information from user in the web pages, cookie testing.
- Test all the links from all pages to specific domain under test.
- Test all internal links and jumping on the same pages links.
- Testing the links used to send email to admin or other users from web pages.
- Link checking includes, check for broken links in all above mentioned links.
Testing forms in all pages
Forms are integral part of any website and used for receiving information from users to interact with them. We have to check all the validations on each field. To check the default values of the fields and wrong inputs in the form to fields in the forms. Options to create the forms delete view or modify the forms.
Small files which are stored in the machine are known as Cookies. They are used to maintain the session- mainly the login sessions. Software Testing Training offers the placements in top IT Companies. By testing the application we can enable and disable the cookies in your browser options and if the cookies are encrypted before writing to the machine.
Validating the HTML/CSS
By optimizing the site then the HTML and CSS validation is more important. Check the site whether it is crawled or not.
2. Usability Testing
Testing for navigation
How the user surfs the web pages and different controls like buttons, boxes and how the user links on the pages to surf different pages.
Usability testing includes the website should be easy to use. Instructions provided should be clear and if the instructions provided are perfect to satisfy its purpose. It should be consistent enough and main page should be provided to the system.
Content should be logical and easy to understand for checking the errors. Avoid usage of dark colours annoys the users and it should not be used in the site theme. Testing Training in Chennai at FITA is the best training institute for this Course. Some of the standards like what I mentioned above about annoying colours, fonts, frames etc. Content should be unique and linking the different pages are working properly or not.
3. Interface Testing
The main interfaces are web server and application server interface Application server band database server interface. By checking the interaction between these servers are executed and errors can handled.
4. Compatibility Testing
Compatibility of your website is very essential testing and check which compatibility test to be executed:
- Browser Compatibility
- Operating System Compatibility
- Mobile Browsing
- Printing Options
5. Performance Testing
Web application should sustain to heavy load and performance testing should include:
- Web Load Testing
- Web Stress Testing
6. Security Checking
Some of the test cases for Security Checking in website checking are
- Log in using the username and password and browsing internal pages then try changing the URL options directly. Software Training institutes in Chennai follows the unique teaching methodology. Try directly changing the URL site ID parameter to different site ID which is not related to log in user.
- Try some invalid inputs in input fields like login username, password, input text boxes etc. Check the systems reaction on all inputs.
- Test the CAPTCHA for automates script logins.
- All the transactions, error messages, security attempts should get logged in log files somewhere on the web server.